Friday 23 January 2015

What have I done?











I'm so easily led .......


All it took was a post by Belinda on the Bradworthy running group page advertising the Bideford 10k on 10th May and I was there with a credit card and podgy fingers on my phone key pad!


Ok so why was I so eager to part with my money?


Well if she was going to do it then so was I!


Competitive or what?


Actually until recently I thought I was the most uncompetitive person in the world but then I went to my first parkrun www.parkrun.org.uk and although its non competitive ...... I've found that I can run reasonable well (especially when the proper running club people don't turn up!!!) there are people of all ages and abilities who are there to have fun, including me.  I now know who to try and keep pace with and overtaking people gives me a sense of satisfaction.  Not many mind you but enough for a buzz and then of course there's the PB (personal best) ........ each time I've been, well four times (one was cancelled) I've got a PB. Yes the competitiveness has kicked in and I've been pushing myself.


Who'd have thought it??


I now have the gear too ...... proper running shoes and lycra!!!


Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo Bideford 10K ............


Three months to prepare .........


What have I done?





No comments:

Post a Comment