Monday 13 April 2015

I've discovered a new place for training ....... the Tarka Trail

After Saturday's Parkrun my knee was a little stiff but it didn't fall off (probably due to all the pink tape sticking it together!!!!!!)

As I didn't get any training runs in last week I really need to up my game now ........ The Bideford 10K is less than four weeks away!!

Don't panic, don't panic, don't panic ......

Ok hands up those of you who've placed bets on the fact that as it's Monday I will have opted for the easy 30 minute run .......

Ha, ha, I win ........

Today I ran six miles along the Tarka Trail ( unbelievably we've lived here nearly eighteen years and never set foot on it before!!)

I K taped my knee and wore the support which seemed to keep everything intact again.

After a couple of false starts where the bird on my phone paused the workout ....... I think my big arse jiggles the phone too much in the back pocket, I got going.

It was flat, apart from the last quarter of mile which was up hill, it was beautiful and it was blooming hot and guess who left their water in the car?

I was fine until mile five when I started to feel parched and kicked myself for not having water, I even considered climbing into a field to drink out of a cattle trough!!

Despite this I really enjoyed the run and was chuffed with a time of 1 hour 3 minutes.

As this bit of the Tarka Trail is only fifteen minutes away I now have somewhere flat for sprint and strides training!





No comments:

Post a Comment