Tuesday 26 May 2015

Two weeks to go and there's a spanner in the works .....

I had a fairly sleepless night on Friday (even more so than usual) due to my painful ribs and not being able to get comfortable.

On Saturday morning I was a slow pacer volunteer at Parkrun and luckily running didn't irritate the ribs. Phew!!!!!!

After another uncomfortable night I discovered on Sunday morning that I had a rash across my ribs but at least the ribs had stopped hurting, however it felt like someone was trying to push my ribcage out all night on Sunday .......
So another uncomfortable night resulted in a stiff back. When I did sleep it was obviously awkwardly.

No matter I had an appointment with a 45 minute interval training session with the OB on his bike.

Down to Yarde then with the world and his wife and the OBOAB  ..... it was Bank Holiday Monday after all.........


So the usual 10 mins warm up followed by 25 mins of hard and steady pace ......  11 minutes into this hard/steady bit I thought I was going to be sick and actually had to stop for water and a breather (and much swearing - the OB has decided I'm RBWT -running bird with tourettes!!!!  presumably for his blog whenever he gets around to writing it)  ....... first time ever I've stopped ...... I did feel awful though and when I resumed it was at a much slower pace! Hey ho!! ....... still split pace was 10.40 mins/mile so not too horrendous!

Another uncomfortable night with the pain down my spine this time and a worsening rash meant I was held at gun point by the OBOAB until I phoned the surgery, at 9am, despite it being his Birthday and my messing up our going out plans.

I managed to get a Doctors appointment this morning and have been diagnosed with  shingles........

Bugger, bugger, bugger ..........

There's a spanner in the works now ..........

 I'm not sure if I'll be able to run the Bude RNLI 6 mile race ....

Dr. Fernandez was diplomatic and just said 'maybe not' when I asked

....... the OBOAB isn't happy

........ there's hope yet!!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment