Wednesday 13 May 2015

In case you were wondering .........

After our awesome performances on Sunday at the Bideford 10K Coach Steph advised that we walk, cycle or swim on Monday to get our legs going and to eat well, including plenty of protein for muscle repair. Then have a steady 30 minute run on Tuesday or Wednesday, followed by another 30 minute run later in the week if we couldn't make training group or Parkrun!!

On Monday I expect you like me thought that I'd be hobbling around like a hobbling around person .............

but ................. against all the odds I didn't have any stiffness at all!!! Rather surprising but .......

Result!

Anyway the OB and I had our first day off for three weeks and although it was scheduled in the diary to lie down in a darkened room we fought the urge and went for a five mile walk on Dartmoor to sort my legs out and then have a lovely protein lunch at The Ring Of Bells!






Yesterday I didn't have time to run so today after cheesemaking and before lunch I trotted down the lane with the OB wobbling along on his bike. The moment I started my calf made itself known ........ I don't recall feeling it on Sunday (but maybe that was the adrenaline) and it had felt normal since with no ill effects  from the run ........ bloody buggers, why now?

It eased during the 34 minutes I was out and didn't niggle once I was home ...... So hopefully it was just sorting itself out!

It was lovely to be out enjoying the surroundings and just jogging along with no pressure, however I can't wait to start training next week for the Bude RNLI 6 miles .........

Apparently I have the running bug ........ in case you were wondering!!








No comments:

Post a Comment