Friday 6 February 2015

My feet!









So why am I talking feet?


Well my left foot and in particular the heel is very painful especially when I've been sitting for a while or sleeping and getting up in the night for a pee or first thing in the morning I can't bear any weight on it.


Not really what I need now that I've signed up for the Bideford 10K


And before you ask no I haven't been to see the Doctor.


Why?


Well because I don't do Doctors and also because last year I had a similar thing with my right foot.


So from the beginning ....... it all started with me having to buy a new pair of wellies for the day job last year. Now unbelievably wellies have become a fashion item and my usual Argyll ones are no longer stocked at Mole Valley Farmers because they are made by Hunter who won't give a suitable discount (don't quote me on this ..... its what the sales assistant told me). Consequently I had to buy a different make for sixty something quid. Yes that's right over sixty pounds! The same price as my leather market boots (purchased around the same time) which actually make me walk like a cripple after sitting in the van for the trip home after a market.


And boy, have I paid for them in more ways than one?


Oh yes .......they have buggered up my feet ......firstly my right foot and now the left.


Of course I googled it as you do and came up with plantar fasciitis  ....... could be right, could be wrong!


Then I did everything contrary to the advice.


Rest, pain killers, Doctor ........ no thanks.


I continued running and walking five times a week and ignored the pain although I did wear clogs and some heeled sandals (heels are good) when not running.
Anyway it eventually got better and is now back to normal but took a long time.


I know I'm stupid so now that my left foot is causing me gip I've decided I'd better do something about it as I'm signed up to run a 10k in May.


No, not got as far as the Surgery yet, however I haven't walked or run for six days and have worn my running shoes for driving and popping out ........ yes I know coach Steph, sorry I shouldn't be doing this but once I've paid the vets bill off I can save for a new pair of running shoes!


Today it definitely feels less painful despite having to wear wellies for two and a half hours.


 Chris has seriously bad feet (would you believe the Navy amputated his little toes because they couldn't be arsed to straighten them as they were clawed.......... BASTARDS ) and today had his regular appointment with the podiatrist in Holsworthy...................


I now have a list of  foot exercises to do.......


......................and an appointment on Wednesday for her to check my foot out


Hopefully normal running service will be resumed very soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment